Thread: Specter Ops-->Dead of Winter

Default Specter Ops-->Dead of Winter

So I was looking at the Raxxon Pharmaceuticals website (cause omg I can't wait for spector ops) and I realized that there is a heavy hint between the worlds of Spector Ops and Dead of Winter.

Am I just a noob for not realizing this sooner? I'm not finding a discussion about it in the forums... So--the drug that Raxxon makes (called Zomoxtrin) is what caused the zombie outbreak in the first place.

If you are wondering what I'm talking about, go to http://phgdoug.wix.com/zomoxtrin and read around a bit. Especially under Buy it Now>Click here to be taken to a user friendly PDF.

Never played DoW, so I wouldn't know.
    如果你理解了這一點,你真棒。

You blew my mind actually. Raxxon is one of the advertised websites on the home page, right?

Just realized that site is a joke, always wondered why it was on the home page. Looks like Isaac made it.
    Last edited by Colgha; 03-26-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Yea it is the one that looks like a regular advertisement but it actually isn't. I haven't gotten to play DoW yet, do you know of there are any in game Easter eggs about what started the zombie apocalypse?

I'm not sure how much there is in the game that talks about Raxxon, I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but maybe in a flavor paragraph for one of the scenarios? It's mostly been that site and some "ads" on the podcast back in the day.

With Specter Ops it's a lot more prominent.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

I recall seeing a bunch of stuff in the game that had Raxxon's name on it, but I was watching Tabletop so I don't quite remember where exactly.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.