Thread: Favorite Hunter

Default Favorite Hunter

I mostly wanted to make the first post in this forum, but just based off appearances and abilities since most people haven't played the game yet, who is your favorite Hunter?

I'm going to say the Puppet. I like his look, kinda lanky creepy C3P0. I have no idea if my opinion will change, but he'll probably be the first one I attempt to paint.

I've played once and all but the Puppet were in play. I'm partial to the Prophet as you can never completely lose the agent and have no info whatsoever, which is what I fear as a "chaser" in this genre of games.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Is it bad that I am already looking forward to expansions for this game? A bunch of new Hunters, Agents and Equipment, with maybe some scenarios to spice things up. But I will say that the Gun is my least favorite right now. I guess her ability is good to try and smoke an agent out, but I guess that is not my style.

I haven't played the game but I suspect it will be the Beast. I wonder why...

The abilities seem too well balanced to pick a favourite without having played. The Beast definitely looks the coolest, and I just love the idea of a giant wolfman stalking the halls, trying to catch to faintest whiff or listen for the light footsteps of the agent.

Right now I'm leaning toward The Gun! I think she's going to be a lot of fun to play as. And a pain to play against.
    Last edited by brock; 03-20-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Gamecenter ID: brockst4r

I do like that The Gun has an ability which has a downside... a chance to go "all-in" on a direction.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

The Prophet for me all the way - massive boost to hitting, information always available etc - the agent is going to be sweating. Use the motion sensor often (perhaps as the Puppet) to keep the agent moving slow, then track him down using post-cognition......evil.
    Second favourite is the beast - awesome tag-team with the Prophet.

Having played the game several times I underscore my previous comments. The Prophet rocks. He is pretty much essential to the hunter team and is an auto-include for me. He and the puppet make a very effective detection team with their post cognition and remote sensor abilities respectively. But is is the Beast who pairs with him most spectacularly - that tag team is a joy (terror) to behold!

The prophet for me. His post cognition is just too good. It really makes the agent sweat and hinders his or her ability to be sneaky.