Thread: Mice and Mystics on Tabletop

Default Mice and Mystics on Tabletop

This was posted over in the Plaid Hat Games News section 6 months ago by someone else, but no one replied to the post. I thought it made more sense to post it here.

Mice and Mystics chapter one will be played on Tabeltop by Wil Wheaton, his wife Anne and his stepsons Ryan and Nolan Kopp. For those of you unfamiliar with this Youtube show, Wil invites friends and family to play a board game with him. They do 20 episodes a year and they are currently airing the third season. They feature 19 games each season because one gets two episodes. This year the two episode game is Mice and Mystics. Unfortunately, we have to wait until July 30th and then the finale on August 13th to see these episodes.

Wil is a pretty good host and they do a very good job of explaining the games they play.

In closing, a word of warning, Wil has a bit of a potty mouth; especially when he is losing (which is most of the time). They bleep the bad stuff, but if you have little kids or are easily offended you may want to avoid the show in general. I'll definitely be watching the M&M episodes and will update this thread with notes on Wil's language. That said, I find most of the Tabletop shows entertaining and informative. You can find a list of previous episodes on Wikipedia (just search for Tabletop episodes although they do list who won the games). You can also go to the Tabletop channel on Youtube; it is published by Geek and Sundry.

I got introduced to Tabletop a month or two ago and love it. I first watched Dead of Winter on there and it had me promptly purchase the game and play it. It's a favorite now. We've had M&M for a couple years and I am eager to watch them play the game on their series this summer.

This is Great News. Thank You Zeus. i look forward to seeing how their game goes and their review of it!

The first Tabletop episode of Mice and Mystics is scheduled to be released on Thursday, July 30th. The second episode will be released two weeks later. For those not familiar with Tabletop it can be found on Youtube on the Geek and Sundry channel. I usually look for Tabletop by just searching for it once I get to Youtube.

For some reason they have not posted the video. Tabletop episodes are usually posted on Thursdays. If you search for it you may find fake links to it; don't click on these. All Tabletop episodes are published by Geek and Sundry. Only go to the Geek and Sundry episodes.

I looked on Wikipedia and they now show the first episode of Mice and Mystics being released on Friday, August 7th and the second episode two weeks later.

It was slightly delayed
    Always the Mice Guy!

Hello M&M Dougs,

Tabletop Episode is up on YouTube now! Tell your Friends.

KAM

I would rate the Tabletop episode as OK. They played it incorrectly (or used house rules that they did not explain) in many places.

As usual, Wil had terrible luck rolling dice. It got so bad that he refused to roll them towards the end of the episode.