Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khayzhard's Custom: Rulebreakers

Default Khayzhard's Custom: Rulebreakers

As many of you know, during these months I enjoyed in designing of a fair number of alternative Alliances and generic factions, as well as I've also tried to revamp a few of the basic factions (at the moment, I haven't the same free time as in the past, but I'm continuing to write ideas for Alliances and basic factions, new and old). While doing so, whenever possible, I tried to include new mechanics/rules (being them as new tokens, new types of Events, or even a new Pile).

Now, with this generic faction, I wanted creating a "container" for as many as possible of those new rules. This, however, led me to a "themeless" faction (but I don't matter; I was just interested in trying to blend many game mechanics in the best possible way).

At the end, I don't know if I accomplished my goal, but the designing of this deck was intellectually challenging (and funny, obviously).

Some of the game mechanics that I designed in the past for SW and that you can see in this faction are:

Fire Tokens
    Ice Tokens
    Mark Tokens
    Possession Tokens
    Hexes

(I have not been able to include the Gem Tokens, the Shadow Pile and the Tags ).

However, right because this is an "experimental" faction, I also included a few other new ideas :

a Summoner with 1 LP (but with a way "to share" its wounds);
    Perpetual Events (a new type of Event).

As always, right because they are just theoretical ideas, I have no idea about the general balance of the deck (aaaah, the old days in which I had the time to test my crazy ideas ... ).

RULEBREAKERS

Summoner & others

HEXES rules = Hexes are a special type of Events. A Hex must be put under the Unit that is chosen at the time in which that Hex is played. Unless otherwise specified, a Unit can only have 1 Hex under its card at a time. A Unit with a Hex under its card is considered to be hexed. If a hexed Unit would be put in a Magic Pile or Discard Pile because of the Hex under it, such a Unit must be put in the Magic Pile or Discard Pile of the player who played that Hex. If a player removes a hexed Unit from the Battlefield for any reason, the Hex under such a Unit is put in that player's Discard Pile. At the end of their turn, the player controlling a hexed Unit may spend 1 Magic Card to discard the Hex from under that Unit.

PERPETUAL EVENTS rules = Perpetual Events are a special type of Events. When played, a Perpetual Event is not discarded, but it is instead put off of the Battlefield and is considered to be "in play". As long as a Perpetual Event is in play, its game effects are always active. A player can only have 1 Perpetual Event in play at a time. At start of each of their turns, a player may discard the Perpetual Event that they played. At the end of each of their turns, a player may spend 2 Magic Cards to discard a Perpetual Event played by an opponent.

FIRE TOKENS rules = some game effects put Fire Tokens on Units. Fire Tokens are considered to be Wound Tokens and count towards a Unit's total number of wounds. A Unit can only have 1 Fire Token on its card at any time, and when it happens, that Unit is considered to be afire. When a player attacks with an afire Unit, they must subtract 1 from the number on each of their die results during that attack. At the end of their turn, the player controlling an afire Unit must roll a die. On a result of 3−, that Unit receives 1 additional Wound Token. A Unit destroyed in this way is put in the Magic Pile of the player that put the Fire Token on that Unit.

ICE TOKENS rules = some game effects put Ice Tokens on Units. Ice Tokens are considered to be Wound Tokens and count towards a Unit's total number of wounds. A Unit can only have 1 Ice Token on its card at any time, and when it happens, that Unit is considered to be frozen. A frozen Unit gains the 'SLUGGISH' Ability and can only be moved up to 1 space per movement.

MARK TOKENS rules = some game effects put Mark Tokens on Units. Mark Tokens are not considered to be Wound Tokens and do not count towards a Unit's total number of wounds. A Unit can only have 1 Mark Token on its card at any time, and when it happens, that Unit is considered to be marked. A marked Unit cannot be affected by Events played from friendly players and Abilities of friendly Units. Each time a marked Unit would be put in a player's Magic Pile or Discard Pile, that player must roll a die. On a result of 2−, the marked Unit is instead put respectively in the Magic Pile or Discard Pile of the player that put the Mark Token on that Unit. At the end of their turn, a player controlling a marked Unit may spend 1 Magic Card to remove the Mark Token from that Unit.

POSSESSION TOKENS rules = some game effects put Possession Tokens on Units. Possession Tokens are not considered to be Wound Tokens and do not count towards a Unit's total number of wounds. A Unit can only have 1 Possession Token on its card at any time, and when it happens, that Unit is considered to be possessed. A possessed Unit is controlled by the player that have put the Possession Token on its card.

Khayzhard
    Summoner of the Rulebreakers
    Cost - AV 4 (bow) LP 1
    Circle of Magic Resistance
    This Unit and all Units that you control within 2 spaces of this card can never lose their Abilities because of an opponent's card effect.

x3 Hex of the Black Ice
    This card is an Hex. Choose a frozen Unit. The chosen Unit loses its Abilities and cannot gain Abilities.

x3 Hex of the Dark Fire
    This card is an Hex. Choose an afire Unit. Each time the chosen Unit receives a Wound Token because of the Fire Token on its card, the player controlling that Unit must discard 1 Magic Card from the top of their Magic Pile, if able.

x1 Magic Disruption
    This card is a Perpetual Event. As long as this Event is in play, your opponent must spend 1 Magic Card each time they play an Event or a Wall.

x1 Magic Recall
    This card is a Perpetual Event. As long as this Event is in play, each time a Unit destroyed by an attack from an enemy marked Unit would be put in the destroying player's Magic Pile, it is instead put in your Magic Pile.

x1 Persistent Damnation
    This card is a Perpetual Event. As long as this Event is in play, opponents cannot remove Hexes from under Units they control.

Champions

Mistrix
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 5 AV 3 (bow) LP 3
    Enthrall
    Whenever a Unit would be destroyed by an attack from Mistrix, you may ignore all of the Wound Tokens that Unit would receive during that attack to put a Possession Token on its card.

Seberos
    Cost 6 AV 1 (sword) LP 8
    Freezing Touch
    After wounding a Champion or Common with an attack from Seberos, replace 1 Wound Token on that Unit with an Ice Token, if able.

Vlaze
    Cost 6 AV 3 (sword) LP 6
    Burning Aura
    Instead of attacking with Vlaze, you may spend 1 Magic Card. If you do, all Units adjacent to this card receive 1 Wound Token. After wounding a Champion or Common in this way, replace 1 Wound Token on that Unit with a Fire Token, if able.

Commons

x5 Judge Warrior
    Common of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 2 AV 1 (sword) LP 3
    Rulemaster
    When attacking with this Judge Warrior, if the attacked Unit has cards or tokens under or on top of it, add 1 to this Judge Warrior's Attack Value during that attack.

x5 Rune Sorcerer
    Cost 2 AV 2 (bow) LP 1
    Arcane Sigil
    Whenever a Unit would receive 1+ Wound Tokens by an attack from this Rune Sorcerer, you may ignore 1 of those Wound Tokens to put a Mark Token on that Unit.

x8 Simulacrum
    Cost 0 AV 1 (sword) LP 2
    Psychosomatic Clone
    Whenever your Summoner would receive 1+ Wound Tokens, if this Simulacrum is within 2 spaces of your Summoner, you may spend 1 Magic Card. If you do, instead put all of those Wound Tokens on this card. This Simulacrum cannot receive more Wound Tokens than its remaining Life Points in this way.
    Last edited by Khayzhard; 02-27-2015 at 06:37 AM.

I'm offended that none of your champions are named "Colgha."

This deck is nuts, and really creative. Nice job, man!
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    I'm offended that none of your champions are named "Colgha."

This deck is nuts, and really creative. Nice job, man!

Thanks for the compliments.

So, a small gift for the first one who commented my faction :

Reinforcement of the RULEBREAKERS

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.

Thanks for the compliments.

So, a small gift for the first one who commented my faction :

Reinforcement of the RULEBREAKERS

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    Whoa! Awesome! That guy is awesome! Thanks Khayzhard!

I feel like these guys would be fun against DD/BD/DB. Don't you think?

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

What have you done? THIS IS MADNESS!!

I really like the summoner's ability here, I feel that it merges the "theme" of the deck nicely. Also 1 Health Summoner FTW

(Do I get a second place prize? )
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Whoa! Awesome! That guy is awesome! Thanks Khayzhard!

I feel like these guys would be fun against DD/BD/DB. Don't you think?

I cannot say, honestly.

I haven't tested these guys (I finished designing them only a few hours ago, if you believe me), and I don't think that I'll have the time to do tests in the near future.

But I would be very happy if I could create something that can keep up with DD, even remotely. If you want and have free time, feel free to try yourself any of those experimental match-up (using also the powerful Reinforcement, obviously ), and then let me know.

After rereading some of it, I do have a question, what is the purpose of possession tokens? I feel like Mistrix is just Gulldune... I dunno, am I missing something...?
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

I cannot say, honestly.

I haven't tested these guys (I finished designing them only a few hours ago, if you believe me), and I don't think that I'll have the time to do tests in the near future.

But I would be very happy if I could create something that can keep up with DD, even remotely. If you want and have free time, feel free to try yourself any of those experimental match-up (using also the powerful Reinforcement, obviously ), and then let me know.
    Wanna set up a game? I can test something against them with you.

What have you done? THIS IS MADNESS!!

I really like the summoner's ability here, I feel that it merges the "theme" of the deck nicely. Also 1 Health Summoner FTW

(Do I get a second place prize? )

10x Gunner deck for the win?
    Last edited by Colgha; 02-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

@UE
    Ok, I will try to please you too , but I think it will be my second and last Reinf (I would like create Units using my fanmade rules for new Alliances, if possible). This is just an experimental faction, afterall. Or not?

Yep, Possession Tokens are the way in which I implemented the "taking control of an enemy Unit" effect, typical of BD. IIRC, I used that idea in my Fallen Benders and Bender Vanguards (maybe also in my Cloak Benders? I designed too many Alliances )

@UE and Colgha
    Now it is a bit late, so, Colgha, thanks for your invitation, but I have to go to bed (I'm a bit tired ) ... UE, I ask you to have a little patience until tomorrow for your Champ (I hope that the night can give me good suggestions ).

10x Gunner deck for the win?
    Spider with Greater Sneak event ability

gg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast