Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vassal Module Updated

Hello Vassal people. I have been experimenting with the vassal module to see what customizations I can do. I have successfully added roller buttons for multiple dice and the Neoprene game board. These are of course completely preferential but I was wondering who knows what goes into adding an update to the Vassal site. This was more than anything just practice for myself so that I can learn to build a module for a prototype game but since its functional, I thought I might add it as a small update.

Edit: I am now working on putting copies of all usable units under the "commons" and "champions" tabs for respective alliances. IE Benders and Deep Dwarf units under the Deep Benders tabs. and Visa-Versa. (Lots of Copy and Paste. haha)

Edit Again: After several hours of copy/paste, I now have all units under the faction tabs in which they can be used. As for uploading this update, do I need permission or something? I'm new to this.

Edit Thrice: Figured out how to upload the update
    Last edited by GeneralRolando; 06-04-2015 at 01:20 AM.

There is a small glitch on the latest vassal module: it is impossible to add wound markers to Fink - the option isn't there in any way.
    Thanks!
    "Shadow hide thee thief"

Prelate was Retch the Grotesque Mutant in "The Dance of Devils"
    Prelate was Archangel the Furious in "Light's Corruption"

These are the Vassal dice.
    They haunt your footsteps in the Vassal forums.
    They lurk in the shadows of every Vassal board.
    They hang like the sword of Damocles over the construction of every Vassal deck.
    They wait.
    They watch.
    They win.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelate View Post
    There is a small glitch on the latest vassal module: it is impossible to add wound markers to Fink - the option isn't there in any way.
    Thanks!
    Another card which should be woundable but isn't is Avalanche. It's not too hard to just use Grognack's Ice Wall on top of it, but it would be nice to be able to wound the event directly.

I wonder how that Fink one snuck in? Anyway, I've sent a message to General Rolando and Schmotts just to see if either felt I would be stepping on toes if I do the next vmod and neither has responded so I'm going to go ahead and begin fixing a few little things like these so I can just add the new cards and release the next version once second summoners hit stores.

Do you guys think it's worth fixing Fink and Avalanche and a few other things in a release before then or just waiting for second summoners (which is my inclination)? I could just send you the working copy of the .vmod with these fixed before I start adding new cards if you like.

But a warning: these sorts of problems require a token refresh to fix, and that randomly rearranges the order of the cards in your deck sometimes, so it's best to either rebuild your decks, or what I do is lay out all the cards, token refresh, and then stack them back in the order I like. Obviously it only matters for Marek and Hogar decks though, but if some unreleased card from second summoners requires a new feature you might have to go through the whole process again. But I haven't seen anything that requires new cards yet, so it might be safe.

Anyway, I've got my own list of stuff like this, and Avalanche was already on it, but if anyone knows of any other issues, please post them here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post
    I wonder how that Fink one snuck in? Anyway, I've sent a message to General Rolando and Schmotts just to see if either felt I would be stepping on toes if I do the next vmod and neither has responded so I'm going to go ahead and begin fixing a few little things like these so I can just add the new cards and release the next version once second summoners hit stores.

Do you guys think it's worth fixing Fink and Avalanche and a few other things in a release before then or just waiting for second summoners (which is my inclination)? I could just send you the working copy of the .vmod with these fixed before I start adding new cards if you like.
    I'd say we can wait a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrageofsnow View Post

But a warning: these sorts of problems require a token refresh to fix, and that randomly rearranges the order of the cards in your deck sometimes, so it's best to either rebuild your decks, or what I do is lay out all the cards, token refresh, and then stack them back in the order I like. Obviously it only matters for Marek and Hogar decks though, but if some unreleased card from second summoners requires a new feature you might have to go through the whole process again. But I haven't seen anything that requires new cards yet, so it might be safe.

Anyway, I've got my own list of stuff like this, and Avalanche was already on it, but if anyone knows of any other issues, please post them here or PM me.
    Shift + B. Please get rid of this.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Hey UoS, I don't know if this one is on your list for the next module but would it be possible to get updated art for the alliances faction walls? The wall art from alliances is really cool and it's a shame for it not to be on VASSAL.

UoS, so you have then next update covered with the new cards and whatnots? I'mma be upset if my multi-dice aren't there (not really)

Is there any idea of how long until we see the last eight second summoners on Vassal? I mean, obviously the cards haven't been released yet for the final six (and I don't believe we'll be privy to setup info for at least a couple more weeks.) But does anyone have an estimate for how long it will take?

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

They shouldn't be up before the decks are available at Retail, which is likely July.
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234