Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Alliances

Quote Originally Posted by Congruity View Post
    I'd love to see how VG can beat BD. I agree, Raechel is useful but who on earth includes her in lieu of Leah or Archangel? Raechel is okay vs CG but at a disadvantage vs every other faction (app environment anyway).
    I do all the time for the simple fact that no one on the planet expects her. You're dealing with a faction with low life or units with one life left? Summon Raechel while they have one or two cards in their hand and perform essentially a thief raid or spy event to take out a key champ or event. Keep her protected behind walls with one access point and Sera keeping her healthy. I'll typically discard 2-4 cards a game with her with the first one usually being a really good card. She doesn't have to go toe to toe with champs if you can discard one.

I've pretty much retired Raechel as not dependable. However, back to the thread topic of Alliances, she definitely requires a second chance now with the Crusader letting her roll 2 dice. I'm eager to try her now again in certain MUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Congruity View Post
    I'd love to see how VG can beat BD. I agree, Raechel is useful but who on earth includes her in lieu of Leah or Archangel? Raechel is okay vs CG but at a disadvantage vs every other faction (app environment anyway).

Colgha, I'll send you an invite on the app. I'll be BE and you be VG please. In the words of Grey Fox, "hurt me more!"
    Sounds good! I'd love to test my theory. So far I am 12-3 against BD, but that's probably not a big enough sample size (although most were tournament games).
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    The first major argument against Magic Drain, that I know of, came from PePe, in summer 2011:
    http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/6715...you-should-too

By that point the Master Set already had some copies floating around sold at Origins. The hate of CUEs just wasn't at nearly the level it became. You can see from the comments that playtesters already knew it was not a great card, and, of course, CUEs were never seen again.
    I never really got to know Pepe because he left the forum around the time I joined but I share his view on the standardization of the game not being a good thing. He was talking about magic drain, which is now at least getting diluted. However Rallul's mercs still fit everywhere.
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Haven't had the chance yet, but for Marek, I'm eager to have a unit move 6 spaces with Swift and Greater Sneak together. That's crazy. Anyone pulled it off yet for a surprise assassination?

I donīt think pepe was really burn out of the game, more burn out of the problems he felt the game had.
    It makes sense to think me and pepe are one, we are both from argentina, we are both from the same city! Capital federal, we are both of the same age, and we have both the same lastname! And finally we both hate magic drain.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    Haven't had the chance yet, but for Marek, I'm eager to have a unit move 6 spaces with Swift and Greater Sneak together. That's crazy. Anyone pulled it off yet for a surprise assassination?
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you will very rarely encounter a scenario where the one extra space is needed. I usually just need GS.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you will very rarely encounter a scenario where the one extra space is needed. I usually just need GS.
    I've also only used GS many times. I just think it'd be cool if you ever needed the 1 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    I've also only used GS many times. I just think it'd be cool if you ever needed the 1 extra.
    Indeed it would. MAREK IS AWESOME! (I feel obligated to mention that if my sig, title, and profile pic didn't already convey the message)
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Yeah, I played with Marek recently and realized what kind of craziness that deck is capable of. Having so many options with the Event Abilities is nuts. Having a handful of abilities you can keep switching out and copying onto your other units just gives you so much to do. I can only imagine what Magos would do to the deck, giving you a bigger hand to hold even more event abilities.

I really like all of the alliance decks I've played with so far. I hope I get a chance to try the rest soon. Cave Filth, Tundra Guild, and Jungle Shadows are the ones I still need to try.
    Last edited by Hogg; 03-04-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Never heard of her?!? It's the car that did the Cannonball run in less than 0.0000000000015645847216634030102578805262265 parsecs!

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast