Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Status Changes to Dead of Winter Availability ?

Question Any Status Changes to Dead of Winter Availability ?

To whom this concerns,

I ordered this game from my local Game store in November in order to give this to my wife who loves Zombies for Christmas in December for 2014. My Local Store used, gtsdistribution.com.

I see on your website that the game is: "Back Ordered" and this is the only updates i can find from months of searching and waiting. Given the slow update status is it possible to ask anyone reading where this game is at or more specifically what should us customers do while waiting?

I am afraid my knowledge of games and the ordering process is very limited since this is my wife and I first attempt at ordering a brand new to market game. Normally we scour walmart, salvation army, or any used clothing store in Michigan for used games to play.

So any advice as to what to expect would be welcome.

Today is my birthday and it has been 3 months and there has been no news, is it ok to ask on here for any official word as to what is going on?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Samantha and Michael Lyons of Houghton Lake, MI

It takes awhile since its been in production/shipping over to the company. But good news, I received a shipping confirmation yesterday!! It was sent out priority 1-3 days so I should get it sometime tomorrow. Hopefully you were able to get a shipping confirmation as well.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Yeah I heard they got some 2 days ago so hopefully soon
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Update as of January 22, 2015

Checked with my local Game Store, they called the Distributor who apparently has heard nothing. The distributor also checked the company database, which apparently showed that they canceled my pre-existing pre-order, however, they might get a copy in the next couple of weeks.

So my order in November for a Christmas 2014 Gift has changed into a possible Valentines Day gift for 2015.

Please note that I have already paid for this, and i can get no where with this constant run around. Its like arguing with a zombie...

I am but one customer getting what amounts to be the worst customer service experience,again in my opinion, but that's o.k., because i believe that the manufacturer, Plaid Hat Games, can fix these problems, as long as the customers like me, let others, like you, know about our experiences that ultimately work towards happy board gaming.

I would like to know that i am being heard, so can anyone in authority please let us peons know that hope is around the corner?

Thanks for listening on these difficult issues,

Samantha and Michael Lyons of Houghton Lake, MI

Stick with it folks.

I consider myself very lucky. I just happened to look at the webpage of my FLGS, and they had 30 copies. I phoned them and said "Hey, I know this is silly since you've got 30 copies, but could you put one on hold for me to pick up tomorrow morning?". Their response was "No problem, and it's not silly. We've had it in for 2 hours, and we've got 6 copies left".

I got my copy the next day. I read the rules and got ready to play with my friends. We played it last night, and I have to say, it was just as awesome as you're hearing. I had actually considered eBaying it for double the price (or more) and just waiting several months for the supply to come back online. Well, let me tell you, I'm SO glad I didn't do that. After one play, me and my friends concur that this game lives up to the hype.

Be patient, but when you see it, scoop it! WORTH IT.

my hope is in words like worth it

my local game store and their distributor still refuse to call or let me know that the game has shipped

i find it odd to call random people and say i am a customer and not the store in question and ask if they have sent packages to the store because the local store owner refuses to ask and i am in a nutshell doing their jobs...lol but a sad lol

still waiting

supposed to be in here by friday of this week

if it is great, if not then oh well

at least i can be the one customer to steer you guys reading away from my distributor and local store due to failure to respect simple customer service like omg calling the customer and so forth

thanks and heres hope for something

got my game in finally, yesterday, Friday February 13th, lol, played with wife, we loved it, rules are ridiculously hard to interpet which means re-watchign the youtube video, but overall a fun fun game

of course they forgot the promo card, so i will not be using my distributor again and ordering from the source more frequently

thanks for reading and listening

The Lyons Family of Houghton lake, MI

Been keeping my eye on this game for last couple weeks and noticed the back order was gone from the store and it seemed it was in stock. Bought it on Feb 10 when I noticed it. Didn't receive any shipment e-mail yet just curious about it. Really anxious to play it with my group.

I too have ordered it on the 23rd of February. I got an email of the receipt on that same day. But no other information. I wish I could check the status somehow. I bought it from PHG directly. I've sent a message to them asking how and when if I get a tracking number or status updates. So yea Lostwh3re would you please reply and say if you got an email yet?

JosefCaruthers, I'm in the same boat as you--I placed an order for Dead of Winter on the 23rd, and had an email receipt right away. I didn't receive any sort of shipping confirmation, so I was a little worried that maybe they were out of stock again. However, I did get a shipping email this morning, so I expect you probably have as well. With any luck, we'll both have our copies soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast