Thread: Chapter 3: What If I Have the Pie Already?

Default Chapter 3: What If I Have the Pie Already?

Hi there! I have Mice & Mystics in German, and I found no information about this in the German manual.
    The thing is: In chapter 1 I got that Pie from the cook, and on chapter 3 I did not use that rule of catching the cook's attention. Now, I played that part twice, and I lost the first time because of time and making Brodie arrive. With all the attack dice and defense dice he made the hourglass go crazy.
    The second time he arrived, we took good care of him quickly. Still we advanced two pages on one tile.
    So:
    1) the rules say that if we catch the cooks attention, we get a pie and the end marker moves up one page. What happens if I have the pie already? Do we get the extra page? Some extra time would help us out :P It doesnt say anything about that on the rules, so it actually sounds better if we didn't have the pie. So... why did we get that in the first place? Or is something missing in translation?
    2) The rules state that Brodie "isn't anywhere". Can you attack him as soon as the surge happens, even though he still hasn't jumped on anybody yet?
    3) How many times and with how many people can you trade? And what can you trade? In our games it seems as if our mice were not only fighters and wizzards, but also great cheese jugglers, that throw cheese from one to another, i.e. it's collin's turn, he receives 3 cheese from Lily, one from Maginos, uses 2 as an ability and gives two to Tilda. It also sounds very weird that they can also trade inventory. Like... let's see who is first on iniciative and give him or her all defense items!

Thanks for your answers!

First of all remember that Brodie does NOT add cheese to the wheel. He is a cat and prefers eating mice to eating cheese.

1) the rules say that if we catch the cooks attention, we get a pie and the end marker moves up one page. What happens if I have the pie already? Do we get the extra page? Some extra time would help us out :P It doesnt say anything about that on the rules, so it actually sounds better if we didn't have the pie. So... why did we get that in the first place? Or is something missing in translation?
    If you don't have the pie, you need to obtain it. The difficulty is increased so you get a reward of moving the end marker.

2) The rules state that Brodie "isn't anywhere". Can you attack him as soon as the surge happens, even though he still hasn't jumped on anybody yet?
    You can attack him before he gets a chance.

3) How many times and with how many people can you trade? And what can you trade? In our games it seems as if our mice were not only fighters and wizzards, but also great cheese jugglers, that throw cheese from one to another, i.e. it's collin's turn, he receives 3 cheese from Lily, one from Maginos, uses 2 as an ability and gives two to Tilda. It also sounds very weird that they can also trade inventory. Like... let's see who is first on iniciative and give him or her all defense items!
    You can only trade with one other figure on your turn.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Hey thank you!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I'm confused GB... how is moving the chapter marker up a reward? Isn't that bad?
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

There is a difference between the page hourglass marker and the chapter end marker. The reward is that the Chapter End moves up. The hourglass stays where it was.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
    There is a difference between the page hourglass marker and the chapter end marker. The reward is that the Chapter End moves up. The hourglass stays where it was.
    Oooohhhhhhhhhhhh duh
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Don't feel bad killercactus, I did the same thing the first few times I played. I actually went through the rulebook and put notes next to every occurrence where it said to move the end chapter marker so I wouldn't make the same mistake again. I think it is a fairly common mistake people make as you get so used to moving the hourglass it seems natural to move it when you advance something on the chapter track.