Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloak vs. Bender MUD

Default Cloak vs. Bender MUD

Maybe this will all be a moot point soon with the new mber release for the SW App, maybe not. However, I'm curious what the community thinks. I had a CL vs. BD matchup in the second round and THOUGHT that I would have a MUD advantage as Vlox. Much to my surprise I was super wrong! In fact the CL have a -1 against the BD currently.

THIS IS NOT a critique of Turtleman's MUD table, which in general I think is brilliant, and I'm super grateful for the time and effort he puts into organizing the tourneys. Rather, I'm thinking I must be playing the Cloaks wrong or there is something I don't understand about this matchup which slightly favors the Cloaks. Admittedly, I'm not very good with Vlox although I enjoy playing him. Here are the problems I see:

• iOS Vlox relies so much on assassination, which requires planning, which is really hard to do against Tacullu unless you fake out his Mimics.
    • Tac doesn't run enough multi lifers especially in early game to run a Scrappers gambit
    • The other commons: Gunners can be Mind Controlled, Snipers rarely getting clean shot (although good, if not expensive, for pinging walls), Slashers or Spys (if they get there) even with a CoS are easily counter summoned.
    • No real heavy/high cost champs to run in with and slow down counter summon.

What am I missing? I'm clearly seeing this wrong. Help a brother out!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

My short answer is Bender players in general aren't as good as strong Bender players. That distorts the results.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    My short answer is Bender players in general aren't as good as strong Bender players. That distorts the results.
    Good point.

And actually, this brings something else to mind too that I meant to add: Where do the stats for the MUD table come from?

The MUs from the app. It records the win/loss of every MU.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    The MUs from the app. It records the win/loss of every MU.
    Holy cow! I didn't know it had the individual matchups for each faction!

Thanks KC and UE. Ok, in that case, is everyone generally in agreement with me then? Or is there something about this matchup I'm not seeing?

Mud sucks,in part because the data id taken from general population, who cares about general population

Well, considering most people that do the iOS tourney are part of the general population.... I see no issue.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Sam Farthen is OP
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Tacullu is a summoner that takes a lot of skill and thought to.play at a high level, but it can be a very high level. My guess is that a lot of players play him at a lower level and get assassinated by Vlox. High level Bender players (which there are less of than high level big 3 players because they're harder) won't let this happen.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

But how do you guys like the Jexik v Tacullu MU?

I think Jex provides for a better match up against BD.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

This is probably way too much work, but if someone was bored one day they could make a new MUD table based on Turtleman's official iOS tournaments. That would be much more representative of the population on here I think.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast