Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Dragon Age: Inquisition" Players?

I love the DA series, and this is looking to have returned to the greatness of Origins. I played a male City Elf dual wielding Rogue in Origins, a male shield and sword warrior hawke in 2, and a female qunari fire mage necromancer in Inquisition. Inquisition has been alot of fun

I myself used to hate Qunari until this game, but Iron Bull is a boss and my own character is a staunchly anti-Qun/Chantry Tal-Vashosh.

The big choice is on it's way and it sets the tone of the game. And every choice (even the smallest ones), as I understand, have consequences later on.
    Yep. Another piece of advice glenn3e: GET OUT OF THE HINTERLANDS. You dont need to complete every quest there to go on; things get much better outside of the initial zone

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Yep. Another piece of advice glenn3e: GET OUT OF THE HINTERLANDS. You dont need to complete every quest there to go on; things get much better outside of the initial zone
    Although, the Hinterlands are beautiful as far as lighting and color.

I'm a male Dalish Dual Wielding Rogue in this. Though I have started two other characters, a male Qunari Two-Handed Warrior and the one my girlfriend created, a female Dalish Ice Mage. I've found all the classes to be really fun to play as and I can't quite decide on a favorite (although the Archer, in my opinion, is really boring).
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

I tried a second character in Origins as a Dalash Bow Rogue. It honestly was pretty boring compared to dual wielding

I tried a second character in Origins as a Dalash Bow Rogue. It honestly was pretty boring compared to dual wielding
    It involves no strategy and I feel too removed, so I swapped my bow out for a pair of daggers and left the shooting for Varric and Bianca.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

I'm having trouble getting Bianca better then the nice bows I pick up for Sera every now and then. Archery seems under powered either way though

I read a nice little page full of tips and tricks for beginners to Inquisition (here) and it said to keep upgrading Bianca, which is what I'm doing. Though my party at the moment is me (rogue), Blackwall (because I love him), Cassandra (because I love her), and Sera.

I like changing it up because I like the banter between all the different characters and so far balancing teams to have at least one of each type of class hasn't seemed to matter too much yet.

Side Note: The Varric/Cassandra relationship is great, really makes me want to bring them both along every time.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    I like changing it up because I like the banter between all the different characters
    This right here is why I'll probably enjoy discussing the game with you.

I usually get into a game knowing nothing about the lore and everything beforehand, so my first character is usually quite quickly replaced by a character who has more knowledge of the world itself. In DA:O I played a male mage (who ran around with mostly Zevran, Alistair and Sten), Second playthrough was a female city elf warrior (Leliana, Wynne, Morrigan). Third was a male human rogue (Sten, Morrigan, Shale). I usually try to use Sten as much as possible, because he is awesome and hilarious.

I only finished DA2 once, female spirit healer. Swapped the team itself around quite a bit, the only constant being Merril. Most people criticize the story, but I actually enjoyed the smaller scale. As well as the subversion of the main character being the cause of everything. Maps were a bit repetitive but I found all the squad members engaging and interesting enough to keep going (Except bro/sis, but they both died in my playthrough). I did really enjoy the fact that changing your main characters race altered the way your entire family looked. That kinda bothered me in DA:O, with the mage background being the only exception (if only because you are an orphan and have no contact whatsoever with your family.

And now for my favourite Sten-quote (after I asked him to tell me about the Qunarri):
    "People aren't simple. They can't be summarized for easy reference in the manner of "The elves are a lithe and pointy-eared people who excell at poverty"."

I should note that this is my first DA game. So I know very little of the state of the world, the characters, etc... However I did some reading on where DA2 left the world so I am pretty much up to speed, but I want to discuss things here! I should edit the title soon to say that this may include spoilers...

And that is a great quote! I think Blackwall has thrown out my favorite quote thus far in this game. But really all the characters and writing are fantastic.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Colgha! You didnt play da: origins? Shame shame shame shame

Colgha! You didnt play da: origins? Shame shame shame shame
    I always wanted to get into the series (Fantasy RPGs are among my favorite genres and have always been), I just never did...

Better late than never though, right?

I'm 30 hours in now, and I've still only done like 4-5 "Inquisitors Path" missions.

Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast