Thread: Smoke Bombs question

Default Smoke Bombs question

Quick one about smoke bombs.

When an attacker moves in for the attack, then the card selection is complete and he/she lays them facedown and the defender plays one card, they are revealed and the defender uses the smoke bomb... Will all the attackers cards be discarded or will they go back to his/her hand?

We had a disagreement on this one. I feel they should be discarded, since they showed up for a fight but got ninja'd, but my friend did not... of course he was the attacker but its an interesting question, because the Smoke Bomb card does not actually have the BATTLE: statement to say it is a battle card. So his argument was that I was supposed to play it when he moved in before card selection took place...

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

PS - I freaking love this game!
    Last edited by OpIvy213; 11-20-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Your friend has it right. You play the card after all figures are done moving, but before a battle takes place. No cards are played into a battle, because no battle happens.

Welcome to the site! I haven't been able to play this game as much as I like. Good to know people are still slugging it out in the streets.

Cool thanks Obsidian. We did move forward with his view being correct in the end. He did sell it better when he pointed out that the card did not have BATTLE on it, so I went with it. But did want the clarification for next game.

You should break it out next time you have the time I have been just enjoying every game. Got about 5 plays in now so still finding new things. I do hope it hits some sales targets, so Plaid Hat can get some expansion work in on it, new decks, gangs, etc. However perfectly content at the moment.