Thread: The ghost town

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The ghost town

I just started playing this game and find that here and in BGG itīs a ghost town? why it is so?

I think it's a fine game but the cover art and setting didn't draw in that many people.

It is a great game. Loads of depth and replayability, with lots of paths to victory, interesting player powers and card play. It has been a big hit with my group, and is a favorite of mine.

I agree about the cover art not drawing people in. I remember hearing something on the podcast about it coming back from the printers a lot darker than expected. It's a real shame, because it's an awesome game.

It shines after just a couple rounds, and there are complex economic strategies, but I think more Euro-enthusiastic players don't give it a chance because of the theme.

I think we all should start spreading the word, and give City of Remnants a second wind!

Fight the Yugai!
    Gamecenter ID: brockst4r

I was really considering buying this game since i dont have a copy of my own, but the community is so dead, I dont knwo what the problem was, i think the game had a lot of potential, this coudl become a favorite of mine and its just dead, I hope there is some reprint and more hype. Sadly since i dont own a copy i cant see if there was any problem with the gameplay when played a lot. The few times i played though it seemed fighting was really bad, but this is one of those subtle things that i know most people dont notice, so i dobut this was the problem. If there are plans for a 2nd edition i would like to playtest this to help fix potential balance problems.
    Last edited by Waterd; 03-17-2016 at 01:48 PM.

I won a copy of this game at GenCon a few years back and I may still have it. I don't really have the time to do this now but maybe next month I could make a Vassal mod for people to play it online. Only if there was enough interest, though.

I loved the City and still do..!
    It's a great game and will always be a favorite, I poured a lot of time and energy into it's world you know.
    My son, the Rook however, always wants to learn more and new, he's almost thirteen now and his list of games mastered is gigantic.
    Our newest game has reminded me a lot of the City and it's mechanics, it's flavors.
    Here's the link if you're curious and hey, fight the Yugai indeed my friends.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/153...shop-first-war