Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition For A Nice Board

Quote Originally Posted by Classicsmiley View Post
    After you laminated it, how do you store it? Rolled? Folded? Flat?
    I store it loosely rolled. I hate rolling things tightly, because then they won't stay flat (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm just too lazy right now).

I put mine in a poster frame from walmart. Its bigger than the mat but I can keep wound markers and roll dice on it.
    Never heard of her?!? It's the car that did the Cannonball run in less than 0.0000000000015645847216634030102578805262265 parsecs!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely buy a board not made of paper. The creases kind of bother me when I play, and if I don't even them out enough, the cards slip out of their squares.
    I'll second this comment. The creases are driving me bananas. The game is too good for that...so, what I may wind up doing is bringing the mat to a Kinko's or something and have them laminate it.

Depending on $$$, I would rather a nice board from the boss, however.
    Maybe something enhanced, with some cool artwork.
    Or maybe it could include a promo Merc or something?

Just some thoughts...

Yep I'd DFINATLY buy a good board to play... Office Depot wanted $18.00 bucks to laminate it. That money would be better spent on a custom board!

Wow, I love the frame idea, I'll definately have to try that one out!

Please count me in for two of the nice official boards (for team play of course). If they are really nice, I'd buy a third (gotta have a spare!!!).

I like how portable the current map is though. The paper is still pretty thick. If you have 2 (or more) starters, you could probably keep one minty-mint for when the first one collapses. I think it'll be 100+ games before even one of mine gets worn enough to stop using, and that's a lot of time spent enjoying the game.

I would definitely spring for the deluxe board. Having a toddler son that likes to grab things that I'm using...doesn't work well for paper of any kind.

I'm all for a "premium" board as well. I'd like to see ones that are like half a board made out of like mouse pad material (much like M:TG type play mats). That way, you can roll it up when your done and not worry about creases or bends. Then, you make faction specific mats with neat custom artwork and the likes. I'd buy one for each faction!

i thought about buying a picture frame and putting mine in there then hanging it on the wall when i get done. just so i could be the cool kid in school. but in all seriousness i did and it worked out great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast