PDA

View Full Version : A website question for Joe and others.

NinjaKnight
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Hey there Joe, and anybody else whom uses the forums regularly. I love What you have implemented with the way summoner wars cards names are automatically hyperlinked to a post when typed.

Example: Vlox

I have two question about this mechanic.

1. When do you go about updating it for more recent cards? Because last I checked cards like "Father Benjamin" and other recent onces have yet to be linked.

2. When the link is clicked, it defaults to opening the faction page in a new tab, with the unit in question as an overlay sub window under the HTML clasification of class="carddisplay". Would it be plausible to have the card display overlay come up over the forums page rather than opening up a new tab?

I know very little about web design so forgive me for my ignorance if this is something impractical to ask. Though in my humble opinion, this would make the forum viewing experience a little bit more organic and fluid. If I need to make a quick reference to a card someone mentioned in a post, I can do so, and get back to my contribution to the conversation. I also understand that It may have been designed the way it is for a reason, and I'm curious to know your logic behind the process. Perhaps this is something that could be toggled and saved via cookies? or maybe with a forum user log in? Just an idea for the sight and requesting your insight on the suggestion. Thanks for your time and all you do for us in the community!

As for everyone else who is not Joe. What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

post edit: I didn't know you could hyperlink abilities by name until just now, when typing "Insight" in the previous paragraph, you'r awesome Joe!

killercactus
02-27-2015, 04:18 PM
It's funny - when you typed Father Benjamin, it linked and goes right to FBs card.

joepinion
02-27-2015, 04:40 PM
I installed the auto-link plug-in but JYoder's been doing a stand-up job keeping it up-to-date for a while now.

Loading it in the forums is an interesting idea. I'll have to put that on my (long) to-do-list... Right now I am just a freelancer working in my spare time. But in a few weeks? Maybe I'll have more time for it.

NinjaKnight
02-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Oh hey wouldya look at that. You're right KC. This is pretty on top of things.

@Joe, thanks for the acknowledgement, I know your to-do list is like a mile high.

knucklehead
03-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Hey Joe,
If there is any interest in sharing the work load, I could be of some assistance. I am a perl developer currently and would be willing to lend a hand.