Curse of Ret-Talus
Round XIII Sign Ups
If you don't know what the "Curse of Ret-Talus" is, you should stop reading right now and check out the rules, found here, or the previous games, or better yet, both!
If you already know what you're in for and are still interested in playing, now is the time to sign-up. Registration will be open thru 10:00PM (CT) Friday July 13th. This round of CoRT games includes two game options: 'Basic' CoRT (mandatory for first-timers), and 'Advanced' CoRT (for those who’re more experienced)'. Identity PMs for all games should go out by Sunday (July 15rth), and the games should start Monday, July 16th (at the latest). I don't currently know how many caves there will be, but game sizes will be limited to 24 players maximum (including host).
GAME-PLAY TIMETABLES will be set by individual Storytellers immediately before the games begin. Games hosted by me (Killer Lawnmower) will follow the schedule below, and I recommend it as a standard:
...but again, individual Storytellers are free to set their own schedules, so long as there are at least 24-hours in each NIGHT and 24-72 hours in each DAY.
- DAYS will last 2 real world days.
- NIGHTS will last 1 real world days.
And now for the fine print. If all my typing puts you to sleep, just make sure you are aware of the SUMMARY in BOLD BLUE below. If you want to sign-up, you need to do 5 things (I know, it sounds like work, but bear with me...)
- 1) Decide what TYPE of game you want to play. Your options are: ‘basic’ CoRT OR the ‘advanced’ CoRT game. You may only enter the 'advanced' game if you have previously played in a 'basic', or 'basic+' game hosted here in these forums, no exceptions. If you're not sure you have the time or sanity to keep up with an 'advanced' game, then go with 'basic' CoRT instead. If you're not sure you have the time to play at all, please don't register.
- 2) Send a PM to me (thenightsshadow) noting your desire to join, AND your choice of basic CoRT, or ‘advanced’ CoRT.
- 3) Unless you want to play a 'random' character, post your preference in this thread and PM me with the character you'd like to 'play'. Characters are first-come, first-served. If someone else has already 'claimed' a character you wanted, list a 'second choice' instead. Players who have not chosen a character by Friday, June 1st (or want a random choice) will be assigned a random identity by me before the games start, and will receive one extra end-game 'roleplay' vote.
- 4) I may need to move players from their first choice game type to a different game to meet minimum player levels and/or to ensure the games are similarly-sized. If you would be willing to volunteer to be moved from your 'first choice' registration into the other game type if the need arises, state in this thread (or your entry PM) that you are FLEXIBLE. If it becomes necessary, I will select the minimum number of FLEXIBLE volunteers and move them into the other game first; the rest will hopefully be left in their 'preferred' game(s). Though FLEXIBLE players will be moved first, be warned that I may still have to move others around if I run out of FLEXIBLE players. Any players (FLEXIBLE volunteers or otherwise) who ARE moved into a different game will receive one extra post-game vote in the 'most-fun' category for their game as compensation.
- 5) If you have regular, FACE-TO-FACE contact with another member of this forum who will be playing, PLEASE NOTIFY ME of both your identities so that I can try to put you in different games. You might think you want to play in the same game as one of your 'R-L buddies', but unless you are willing to be extremely careful to make sure that NEITHER of you CHEATS, you're just asking for trouble. If you plan on letting any other player(s) NEAR your computer anytime during this game, just tell me, and I'll put you in different games. If you choose to play in a game with someone else you 'know' in real-life, CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED. Anyone who flubs up (deliberately or accidentally), gives away their role or learns someone else's, and spoils the game for everyone WILL be considered CHEATING and will be PERMANENTLY BANNED from future participation in CoN games here in the forums. If you can be responsible for your actions and take measures to safeguard the game for everyone's enjoyment, you can play with whomever you wish, but you WILL be held accountable if you screw up. If you don't think you can handle it, it's much safer to just let me know so I can split you up. ...'Nuff said.
- NOTE: Another registration option is UBER-FLEXIBLE. Anyone registering as "UBER-FLEXIBLE" is expressing no game preference whatsoever, and will be placed after registration closes into whichever game needs them the most. Such players will automatically get the one extra 'bonus' post-game vote in the "Most Fun" category, no matter which game they are eventually given. Furthermore, players registering as RANDOM UBER-FLEXIBLE will similarly get one extra post-game vote in BOTH the "Most Fun" and "Best RolePlayer" categories.
- Send me a PM, noting your choice of game ('basic' or advanced)
- ...then post your character pick in this thread (if any)
- ...then note if you are FLEXIBLE (in case I need to move folks around)
- ...then tell me what other players (if any) I need to keep OUT of your game due to privacy issues.