Thread: Alternative Starting Set-Up for Sera Eldywn

Default Alternative Starting Set-Up for Sera Eldywn

Based on the feedback I get from a forum thread on making good use of Stalwart Archer , I like to present you a few starting set-up I thought about to immediately deploy 2 Stalwart Archers at the start. Do look at the options provided in the document here - Suggested Starting for Sera Eldywn. Let me know which option do you like.... or dislike. Would appreciate if you can also give me your feedback.

Two important things here -
    First: value wise seras setup is already pretty good (7 Magic in the field). So if you Plan on adding one archer, you should remove two GK or the priest (better -2 GK!)
    Second: archers are very good in Turn 1-2 so they should be in a position so that they cannot combin in a single move nor even starting in formation. Place the second one the other site of the Wall and its all good.

I actually kind of like this:

[--][--][--][--][--][--]
    [--][--][W][--][--][--]
    [--][--][--][sa][--][--]
    [--][sa][P][se][gk][--]

sa=Stalwart Archer
    gk=Guardian Knight
    P=Priest
    se=Sera Eldwyn

The reason is that: (1) three Guardian Knights aren't necessary; (2) removing one unit from starting setup increases deckbuild unit amount to fourteen from thirteen; (3) Swapping two Guardian Knights for one Stalwart Archer is balanced in terms of magic cost, which is two, but better for Sera in terms of true magic cost, as two Guardian Knights represents two total magic for your opponent, if you don't kill; one Stalwart represents just one total magic for your opponent if you don't kill it); (3) it preserves the flanking of Sera; (4) it is most similar to the original starting set up.
    Last edited by commandercool; 01-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Yeah i like it too actually! While you can combination them in turn one they rarely will have a target this way. And Sera is well protected, good Job!

Thanks for the suggestion. I am just pondering. Should the starting Wall be in the 3rd row? Or would it be better for it to be in the 2nd row to accentuate the defensive theme of Vanguard?