Some quick numbers after one year:
- I've played 874 regular games, 224 of that on VASSAL.
- I've played 159 custom faction games.
- I've played 441 solo games ("Theory Wars"), consisting of 108 solo regular games, 209 custom games, and 134 with a mix on both.
- I've introduced 78 different people to Summoner Wars, over three continents.
Some crazy experiences along the way:
- I've been killed in the TO's first turn by a Fighter when I played as the Cave Goblins
(I went first).
- I've killed Grognack
using Precise twice.
- I've killed a Summoner and discarded the last card in that player's hand at the same time using Raechel
- I got to summon Sairook
four times in one game as the Deep Dwarves
- I had a winning streak of 13 games at one point in VASSAL, while my biggest losing streak is 19 games.
- I had a game where I rolled 1s or 2s 82% of the time, and I won that one. (I wasn't playing PE.)
- I had a one-wound Tacullu
go up against Grognack
, Summoner to Summoner. He finally killed me after I brought Grognack
down to one life (from seven).
- I did a turn with the Cave Goblins
where I used Goblin Horde Attack
, Goblin Rage
, and proceeded to hit five different targets with a boost of +2 or greater, all double-attacked.
- I killed seven Units with Walls of Ice Shards at one time.
- I've gotten killed by the Phoenix Elves
without having an auto-wound inflicted on any of my Units five times.
- I've finished games with a Freeze
left on a Summoner and no other Units of that side left to face six times; two against, four for.
- I've never lost a game with Shadow Elves
that I didn't have a Shadows in hand to "whisk away Selundar
" to fight another day. (Yes, I know Shadows isn't legal on Selundar
; it's an inside joke.)
Discouting solo games,
- The faction I've used the most is the Cave Goblins
: 386 times.
- The custom faction I've used the most is the Planes Kingdom: 42 times.
- The faction I've used the least is the Mountain Vargath
: 11 times.
- The custom faction I've used the least is the Draconic Shamans: 8 times.
- My favorite faction is the Cave Goblins
, no doubt. They literally throw themselves hard into their battles.
- My favorite custom faction is the Plaid Hats, for obvious reason. Who wouldn't want to "play with" the playtesters?
- My favorite regular game matchup is the Swamp Orcs
vs. Sand Goblins
. Whose trickery reigns supreme?
- My favorite custom matchup is, again, Plaid Hats vs. Rios Clan. Playtesters are fun to play with, what can I say? Draconic Shamans vs. Lawful Magistrates are a close second. "We call forth our sleeping dragon..." "We say no."
- As of right now, I have 25 complete factions (though some without reinforcements) to my name.
First Batch (aka not very good)
- Scrap Machinery (name keeps changing)
- Mage Brotherhood
- Guardian Dwarves
- Urban Goblins
- Bladed Elves
- Bedouin Orcs
- Forest Manyaro
- Wild Krackits
- Draconic Shamans
- Vast Illyiet
- Woodland Cult
- The Origin
- Lawful Magistrates
Factions Drawn from 3rd party material
- Slime Family
- Slime Family [Second Summoner]
- Masters of Orion
- Enigmatic Quesha
- Sengoku Era
- Wise Kingdom
- Fool's Empire
- Plaid Hats
- Rios Clan
- Forsaken Gods