Ashes Organized Play
Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn is an expandable card by Plaid Hat Games that is growing fast! Organized Play kits are now available to game stores through distribution. For details on those kits, organized play in general, and running or participating in events, review the information below.
You can find the OP guide – also included in all Ashes OP kits, by clicking here.
These are the most updated versions of the guides and should be your reference for any questions.
Organized Play Kits
You can purchase the Ashes OP kit directly from your distributor.
For visuals and info, check out the sales sheet here.
While there is no pre-set way to distribute the prizes for – let’s say – a 16-person event, we have a few suggestions of ways to distribute the prizes:
- By giving 1 player mat and 1 copy of each Rin Northfell and Brennen Blackcloud alternate art cards to the top 2 players.
- By giving the player mats to the top 2 players and having a random draw for the Rin Northfell and Brennen Blackcloud cards.
- By giving the choice of the player mat or both alternate art cards (Rin and Brennen) to the top 3 players and putting the item left up for random draw.
These are all suggestions and you are free to deviate from them, but we believe they are the most functioning options. To see a full list of distribution suggestions check out the OP guide here.
Running an Ashes Organized Play Event
You will find a guide enclosed in the OP kit. However, an updated version of the instructions is available online, as well as the OP guide.
- Two-player Built Decks: PLAYERS must bring their own decks. They must be prepared according to the rules found on page 14 of the Ashes rulebook.
- Two-player Drafted Decks: STORES must supply the copies of Ashes required to allow for a draft. 2 copies of Ashes are needed for an 8-player event.
- Scenario Play: As of now there are no scenario play options available yet, so it is not possible to use this format at this time.
Participating in an Ashes Organized Play Event
All the information about building a custom deck is found on page 14 of the Ashes rulebook.
Absolutely! You are free to participate in as many Ashes OP events as you wish.
Latest Ashes Activity
Sccorpy posted a new discussion topic in Ashes Rules Questions called Can A Unit Be Destroyed Twice To Activate Triggers?
Handing posted a new discussion topic in Ashes Community called Eastern MassachusettsAshes Players
bakurya17 posted a new discussion topic in Ashes Strategy called Starting out ...